Gravity wall Furnace opinons

Old 03-21-12, 06:09 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gravity wall Furnace opinons

I have a small cabin in northern michigan, 800sq/ft, it has an open floor plan. I am redoing the whole thing and I want to put a furnace in there but I am tight on space and dont wanna run duct work. i have come across a furnace that might be a good option, it is an empire brand, gravity wall furnace. I can tuck this away within a wall. I think this will heat the whole cabin if I leave all the doors to the rooms open, however I am also putting electric baseboard heat in the rooms just in case someone wants to close the doors. I need to find some opinions on these gravity wall types of furnaces. I am getting the gwt-35, 35k BTU's

Empire Heating Systems: B-Vent Gravity Wall Furnaces

Old 03-21-12, 09:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Personally I'd favor a wall furnace with a circulating fan over a convection heater. The fan helps to break up stratified heat levels and would be well worth the extra cost for your application in my opinion.

Sounds like it should be capable of doing just what you want it to do.

In general, I find wall furnaces to be quite effective heating appliances if used within their limitations, which you seem to be anticipating.

Old 03-21-12, 09:29 AM
H
I think that using the wall furnace as a central means of heating will be good for my small cabin. I am insulating it all myself right now. I also think that the electrical baseboard will be supplemental and help. I would like to keep the furnace on low when I am not at the cabin and then turn it up when I arrive and then use it. Keeping it on low will allow me winter use of the cabin and not have to worry about pipes freezing. I have looked online for reviews of these wall furnaces and cannot find anything. The heating guys I have spoke to say that very few people use them, however I have afriend who also has a cabin with one of these and he loves it, says it works great. This is what got me looking in to using one.

Old 03-21-12, 06:54 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Keep in mind if power outages are a concern you may want to stick with one you showing us. A millivolt control system is a reliable choice.

Old 03-22-12, 03:57 AM
H
yes that was anothewr good reason for purchasing, if power goes out I can still have heat from this furnace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: