Help locating riello mectron%m oil prssure purge, setting it.

Old 04-06-12, 03:41 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help locating riello mectron%m oil prssure purge, setting it.

Hi all. Hvae a riello mectron 5M oil boiler. I want to know, which is the purge screw? One is brass, near bottom of pump. I opened it last night, furnace running, and oil shot out. closed it. Above it, is a black hex screw, with a black screw in it, that needs a flat head screwdriver. which is it? I think the black hex and screw, is the pressure adjuster. I dotn have a oil pressure meter, but wanna get one...where can i get one? if i close the screw all the way, till it stops, furance seems to run too much. If i leave it open, so head is past the hex screw, the furnace seems to turn off. tried to screw it in halfway, shuts off after a few minutes...any way i can set it without a guage? or at least tilli get one?
any help appreciated!

Old 04-06-12, 06:52 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
my best advise would be to shut her down and call for a repair,so the poor sap on call doesn't have a plugged unit to deal with this Easter weekend.save you some grief to with smoke etc. make sure you explain what you did to the repair person.

Old 04-10-12, 06:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Ziggy,
I just found this thread & hope you are all fixed up by now but in case you are not, Guyold has a very good point. By turning the slotted screw you have changed the pressure setting & without the proper adaptor & gauge, you don't know what the pressure is & that setting is VERY important.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: