Rheem 80 Imperial 80 plus 1986 spark ignition.

Old 04-11-12, 03:18 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rheem 80 Imperial 80 plus 1986 spark ignition.

I have a new control which is a Honeywell S8610U which has the led status light. Light flashes 7+1 which says Flame circuit short. I replaced flame sensor yesterday and still flashes same code. Now when the system locks out,...the led flashes 5 times which says damper error. Is there a damper switch on this furnace and where. I see on the control its says damper but there is a white block there.

Old 04-11-12, 10:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A few furnaces have an automatic vent damper located in the vent pipe. It has a motorized damper which closes when the furnace is off to prevent heated room air from being exhausted up the chimney. Do you have that kind of thing visible in your vent pipe?

Read the instruction manual for the ignition module CAREFULLY. It can be used with that kind of vent damper.

The module also has various ways it can be prgrammed to work with different kinds of furnaces and equipment. There is a removable plug which can be installed or removed allowing changes to be made in how the module is configured.

But if you fail to configure it properly, after the furnace cycles ten times no further modifications in the configuration of the module can be made. If you don't set it up properly, it may not work for you.

So look carefully through the manual and find the section discussing the options available.

Fun, eh?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: