Furnace Brands

Old 01-17-01, 10:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I need to decide which brand to use. I am getting a furnace, heatpump and air exchanger. My choice would be Lennox or Carrier but may have to go with Armstrong or Rheem. Any advice. I don't get as much information on the Armstrong/Rheem websites about the different furnaces they sell. I was also wondering if I should go with top of the line and most efficient. I am concerned about the noise level. Thanks, AngelB

Old 01-17-01, 02:12 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Here is my 10 cents worth

#1 warranty on all components
#2 length of time company has been in business
#3 how far away from you are they for service reasons
#4 if the cash is availible go with top of the line
#5 ask since you are investing this amount if they have a free maintenance for the first if not also the second year after purchase.
#6 look at this purchase as if you were buying a new car,ASK,ASK,ASK any question you have you want answered before purchase.PDF

Old 01-18-01, 09:03 PM
Visiting Guest
my 2 cents

just my opinion Lennox is the better brand Trane also makes a very reliable heatpump Lennox offers some very quiet units
for the money a 12 seer heatpump is best choice. Look at lennox HP26 Choose a dealer that has been around a while and is close so they can service in future.

Old 01-20-01, 03:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Re: Here is my 10 cents worth

Originally posted by PDF
#1 warranty on all components
#2 length of time company has been in business
#3 how far away from you are they for service reasons
#4 if the cash is availible go with top of the line
#5 ask since you are investing this amount if they have a free maintenance for the first if not also the second year after purchase.
#6 look at this purchase as if you were buying a new car,ASK,ASK,ASK any question you have you want answered before purchase.PDF

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: