Replacement for White-Rodgers 4586D

Old 08-01-12, 07:58 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement for White-Rodgers 4586D

Hi I have a 3yr old Goodman GKS90703BXAD gas furnace with a White-Rodgers 4586D controller.

Yesterday I was down in the basement and heard relays buzzing and clicking from the furnace control board. There was also water in the area. Powered everything off and found that the drain pipe from the A/C coil had blocked and water was dripping (running) down from the coil onto the board and other areas.

After drying everything up, I powered it back on and all seemed fine with the fan and the A/C running. I then tried the furnace; all seemed to go well, the circulator span up, the igniter glowed, the gas valve opened, the flame ignited, the igniter went out after a couple of seconds of flame but then about a second later the gas turned off. This cycle repeated twice more and than stopped and the LED on the controller flashed on and off indicating failed ignition.

Two thoughts come to mind; faulty controller board or faulty flame sensor. I took out the flame sensor and gave it a gentle clean but it made no difference. I am not sure how the flame sensor works, but measuring the voltage across it to ground during the the start sequence showed about 4v with no flame dropping to almost 0v with flame, so I am now suspecting the board.

The controller board is a White-Rodgers 4586D, but I can't find one for sale anywhere. Is there a direct replacement I can use?

Other than the flame sensor, is there any other sensor that can switch off the gas flow after ignition has occured.

Thanks

Wooly

Old 08-01-12, 06:42 PM
Received 57 Upvotes on 50 Posts
The gks is a newer furnace (6 or 7 years max) so it should still have warranty coverage. Contact a goodman dealer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: