Sears / Kenmore orifice search

Old 08-28-12, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sears / Kenmore orifice search

Hello All,
I have recieved a Sears Kenmore forced air wall furnace that I would like to use in the garge. It was previously used with propane and I would like to convert it back to NG. The furnace model # is 867.736167 and the NG orifice part # is 37638.
Not knowing the the field, I assume this is a standard part and SEARS loves to give everything a seperate part number so I ASSUME more than 1 part munber is the same piece. That being said, I know of no way to cross reference and am stuck. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. Rick.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-12, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
good luck... I cant find anything.......

Old 08-28-12, 07:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
On the label there is usually a manufacturers number as well as the Sears model number. Maybe we can help if you can supply that number. The label should also list the part number or size for the natural gas orifice.

Be advised the gas valve will either need to be changed or converted for use with natural gas as well.

Old 08-28-12, 07:59 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Since LP orifices are considerably smaller than ones for natural gas you could drill the existing orifices if you can't find the proper ones. The gas valve issue is probably a bit easier and if a new regulator spring cannot be found a replacement gas valve is a common item.

Old 08-30-12, 09:11 AM
OK, Sorry for the late reply. Lead up to holidays are always busy. In reply, MFG # is SWLA035AA02 and it was originally set up for LP according to the tag. I imagine this complicates the conversion to NG as it never was set up for it but I don't know. Thank you all for your time and effort. Rick

Old 08-31-12, 10:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I recommend against a homeowner converting a furnace to a different fuel. Doing so correctly takes skill, experience and instruments to do so reliably. Doing so incorrectly can EASILY result in overfired or underfired equipment, which can result in lot of carbon monoxide, soot or other problems.