2 wire thermostat hook up

Old 09-20-12, 07:35 PM
2 wire thermostat hook up

Hi guy's, need some help. I picked up a Dayton hanging heater ( mod: 3e232d ), and installed conversion kit from NG to LPG. Everything is set to go, except for thermostat wiring set up. The pilot valve is a Honeywell ( mod: vr3800a ), and i have a 2 wire (R/W ) thermostat that i want to use. There is one free red wire coming from the TH tab on valve, which i assume would be my red wire connection ( correct me if i'm wrong ), but i have no idea where white wire should go? Don't want to hook it up wrong, and fry something in valve Couldn't find anything Googling, so here i am Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-12, 04:55 PM
I am just a homeowner so you should not take my response as an authority in any way.

You might be able to test with an ohm meter if you get a reading from what you think is the white or just the terminal where the white should go and the red wire. I think you can also check for continuity between the red and white. If you found a screw terminal that gave a reading it might say white or ground or give some other hint.

The red is the 24Volt that leads to the fan, so you should be able to see a second wire, and trace where it goes.

I hope this advice does not screw you up.

Wire A Thermostat

Old 09-22-12, 05:09 PM
Do you have a schematic for the unit? OR can you post the schematic. Do you have an installation manual?