Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

Trane model UX100C960D.....need some help with possible inducer problem, thanks

Old 10-08-12, 10:39 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello DIY, I have a Trane furnace model tux100c960d3 and Ihave the red LED flashing 3 times and the manual states "draft pressureerror". An educated guess based on passed experience with the inducer getting back up at the drain says it may very well be the issue. . I can hear it attempt to start with the first sounds it initially makes but the flame won't ignite and the blower won't run. On occasion, it does turn on completely and heat when it wants to but only last several minutes and does the same steps again. At the end of last season I remember it doing this same thing but we made it to the summer and forgot about it. If someone knows what exactly could cause this intermittent issue, please let me know. I did notice the inducer looks like hell, and I've had a few issues in the past when the drain line got backed up and once I released the water from the drain of the inducer, the unit fired up normally again. Can this cause the symptoms I mentioned above?

Thanks for any help
Eddie

Old 10-08-12, 10:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A failure of the pressure switch to close usually caused by something plugged up in the air supply, heat exchanger or vent/drain being plugged up.

Since you've had problems with the drainage system in the past, I'd start by checking that out.

Old 10-08-12, 10:48 AM
E
Thanks SeattlePioneer, a quick question, if you disconnect all three hoses from the inducer, would the furnace still fire up? Do the hoses need vacume in order to fire up?? If there needs to be vacume on these hoses, then I'm 99% sure that's the issue.

Thanks again

Old 10-08-12, 10:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The inducer motor creates a negative pressure which sucks fresh air into the furnace for combustion and then the combustion gasses into the venting system. The pressure switch detects that negative pressure and when it is at a safely negative level the pressure switch closes to allow the ignition sequence to continue.

So disconnecting the hoses would not allow the furnace to fire up, since it would not verify that the furnace is safe to operate.

Old 10-08-12, 12:06 PM
E
Thanks for the fast replies bud, I figured out that the drain was completely clogged in the inducer motor. I sqeezed on the elbow part of the hose and felt crunchy bits on the inside. Once I removed the elbow part of the hose and cleared out the debris, everything was a OK!! Thanks for your help and patience!!

Eddie

Old 10-08-12, 05:05 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
remove and clean the condesate trap that is located in the blower/control board area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: