coleman heater not working locking out due to 3 flashes

Old 10-16-12, 03:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
coleman heater not working locking out due to 3 flashes

I have a coleman gas furnace model number dgaa056bdtb in a mobile home that works intermmittently an when it locks out it gives me the 3 flasheds indicating combustion air switch failed to close, if i try again 1 out 3 times it mite light when it does it will go to temp shut off an not auto cycle its self back on an the same 3 flashes show up. i have checked the 2 tubes they are clear the brass nipple is not clogged the flue looks good an i inspected the inductor motor looks good its a bit noisy but not overly so i took a volt check at the switch an i get 24 volts durring normal operation an i believe i get 0 volts when it attempts ignition an fails i wanna condemn the switch but i am not 100% sure any help or advice would be appreciated thank you

Old 10-16-12, 03:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Actually, on that furnace I see a lot of switch failures. On most furnaces it is rarely the switch that is at fault. In order to properly diagnose the problem you would need a manometer. The switch is fairly cheap and I would lean toward replacing it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: