York Diamond 80 P1CKD14N08001A Trouble (Short Video Included)

Old 11-01-12, 04:16 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 80 P1CKD14N08001A Trouble (Short Video Included)

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please excuse me if I'm posting something that may exist elsewhere as well as I hope the video is allowed.

My furnace recently started to only produce heat for 5-15 minutes and then the fan would not shut off. This video shows exactly what's going on and includes a detailed explanation:

York Diamond 80 P1CKD14N08001A Trouble - YouTube

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Old 11-01-12, 06:05 PM
D
Update: I poured over the threads here and thought it could be one of the following (but not limited to):

Flame sensor
Pressure switch
Moisture in the lines
Circulating fan (?)
Ignition module
The main board

I cleaned the flame sensor with an emery board and my sweat shirt, ensured all of the components are connected properly and clean, the fans appear to be working fine, the ignition module lights each time, a brand new filter is installed and the air flow appears to be normal... i did not check the lines for moisture but maybe the more it's used the moisture could escape(?) so my guess is it might in fact be the board if the problems continue. As of right now I heated the house continuously for about a half hour to 76 from 58 (took advantage of the heat while I still have it).

I plan on having a qualified technician in this weekend to go over it thoroughly and I'll try to remember to update this with any developments but hopefully this helps someone in need.

Old 11-01-12, 07:12 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it may be related to the gas valve. It COULD be something in the safety switch circuit but I'm betting gas valve.

Old 11-01-12, 07:26 PM
D
Furd, interesting you say that because someone else told me that it could be the gas valve also so I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the reply!

Old 11-01-12, 07:57 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
You have a pressure switch issue. The clicking is the voltage dropping in and out due to the pressure switch barely making. The pressure switch could be dropping out for a number of reasons. 95% of the time it is NOT the pressure switch. In order to verify this a manometer must be used and is a specialty tool that a homeowner likely does not have. Because the pressure switch is a safety device and has to do with your heat exchanger and venting it is important this situation not only be dealt with swiftly, but it should be dealt with by a professional.

After the burners go out if you watch the LED fault light on the control board you may find a pressure switch error code. Because it is sounds like the switch is barely making you may not get the code due to the signal making after it has dropped back out.

Something you can check before you call for assistance is that there is a tube that connects the pressure switch to the inducer draft motor. Remove the tube from the motor side port and ream the port out with a paper clip and MAKE SURE it is completely clear and there are no obstructions.

Old 11-04-12, 05:15 PM
D
I had a technician come out and he confirmed it was indeed the pressure switch. He noted a few other issues with my unit as well and I'm left wondering if I should replace it being it's over 15 years old. Anyways, thanks so much for the replies, both of you were pretty much spot on. Hopefully this thread helps someone else out at some point.

Old 11-04-12, 06:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Did your repairman measure the air pressure being applied to the pressure switch? If so, what was it?

If he didn't measure the pressure, he doesn't know that the pressure switch is bad --- he's just guessing, and 95% of the time the problem is not the pressure switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: