Furnact / AirCycler / Humidifier issues?

Old 11-07-12, 05:55 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnact / AirCycler / Humidifier issues?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this. This summer I installed an Aprilaire 700 humidifier with the model 60 humidistat. I turned it on, tested and turned it off until about 2 weeks ago when it started getting cold, now its on for good. Great, seemed to work well.The model 60 has the auto blower activation features, which naturally I wanted to use.

I also have an AirCycler that runs for 10 minutes every 20 minutes. Heating/AC is a Carrier high efficiency unit...6 years old, to give you an idea. These two items were installed by the builder.

Issue #1 - When I turn on the auto blower activation on the humidistat, when the fan or heat (im not sure which) next kicks on it seems like the AC unit (compressor?) outside my house keeps trying to turn on, off, on, off until I turn the auto blower activation on the humidistat to off. I have double checked my wiring on the humidistat and all looks ok.

Issue #2 - Well, its really part of issue one, but now that I have the blower activation turned off, and I also turned off the humidistat (just to test) the AC compressor outside the house keeps trying to turn on before the heat turns on. So for example I'm laying on the couch typing this, and all of a sudden I hear the outdoor AC unit kick on (or try to kick on) for about 3 seconds, then it turns off and the house heat comes on and runs as normal. IDK, its making me worry that something is going to fail eventually.

I noticed drops of water on the copper line that runs outside for the AC from the furnice in the basement, and I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I suspect - With very limited knowledge on the subject, is that it could be the AirCycler and Humidistat are wired in parrallel? The AirCycler and Humidistat both wire into the furnace's board, could this be causing an issue? I could see how maybe that could cause an issue, but why would it turn the AC compresser outside on?

Please enlighten me!
Thx!

Old 11-07-12, 07:53 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Update: I turned off the AirCycler and now the heat appears to be coming on normally, and the AC isn't trying to kick on. Humidistat kicks on normally as long as the heater is already on. I then tried turning on the auto blower activation and sure enough it started doing the erratic on, off, on, off sound coming from the AC compressor. As soon as I turned off the auto blower activation it stopped and started working normally agin. what gives?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: