Comfort maker furnace condensation

Old 11-07-12, 08:15 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Comfort maker furnace condensation

Hello
i have a problem comfort maker furnace. 90%efficient
i have bypassed the pressure switch and the flame comes on every time, but using the switch I some times get 3 led flashes or some times lots of clicking and flame trying to come on and finally 6 and 2flashes.
i know its not the switch itself , the vents are clear and not blocked.
some times I hear slushy noise when this exhaust / induction motor is running.

i removed all the tubes big and small ones and noticed very damp. Also when I removed the motor I saw some rusting/ gunk in the gasket area and damp. Cleaned all still the same intermittent issues.

Also I noticed when blow tru the big tube I feel some pressure and bubbling sound when blow tru it . Not sure why this condensation is which is causing not enough vacuum to close the pressure switch. How to avoid this condensation.

Old 11-07-12, 08:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A good working theory based on your comments is that the drainage system for the furnace is plugged up and preventing air from moving freely through the furnace. That will cause the pressure switch to fail to close.

Trace that drainage system through the furnace and drain from the furnace to see what is plugging it up. Often there is a plastic trap in the furnace which can get plugged with mold and might need to be cleaned.

You might need to disconnect various parts of the drainage system one by one until you discover what is plugged up.

You have done very well so far! Just keep at it and you will very likely solve the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: