Intermittent ignition/rollout problems with Goodman furnace

Old 11-08-12, 02:00 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Intermittent ignition/rollout problems with Goodman furnace

I have a new Goodman GKS90703BXAG gas furnace (installed right before I moved in a couple months ago). It's been randomly alternating between running all day with no problems, tripping the rollout switch, or refusing to light for minutes or hours at a time.

I don't think it has a flue blockage, because when it runs, I can feel a good, strong draft at the exhaust port outside. And, like I said, sometimes it'll run all day with no problem. I also don't think it's an intake problem, because I sometimes have the ignition problem even with the burner compartment cover taken off. I also looked at the flame, and I didn't see any really obvious problems. Strong blue flames, with jets centered on the openings. There are some flames between the jets, but it looks like that's by design, since one of them is centered on the igniter.

Am I missing something obvious that I should be checking here? Was I too quick to rule out ventilation problems? I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

EDIT: It also has a brand new (clean) air filter, and it's always the same rollout switch that trips.

Old 11-08-12, 03:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
With new equipment, you should have a guarantee from the installer and you should insist that they correct the problem.

And don;t let some repairman hand you a line about, " Well, it's working ok NOW!"

Intermittent problems can take some skill to identify. That means they need to take the time to check out the whole system with skill and to cycle the equipment repeatedly until they observe it fail.

Old 11-09-12, 02:56 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
call your installer. This is something that is very serious and needs to be dealt with by a professional.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: