Heat runs for 30 minutes then shuts off

Old 11-10-12, 08:14 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heat runs for 30 minutes then shuts off

Any help would be appreciated with this problem. I have a forced hot air furnace with a beckett burner and a honeywell 8184 controller I also use a direct vent power venter. I use a programmable thermostat (single zone)... when it calls for heat the burner fires up and everything is great till about 30 mins into the run cycle and then the 8184 trips. I usually wait about 10 minutes or so and reset the 8184 and the furnace fires right back up and works again for another 30 mins, then the same thing happens. The 8184 is brand new as well as cad sensor and wiring, the fuel pump is brand new with new coupler and also the ignitor is brand new...the unit was recently serviced with new filters and nozzels and I also blew back the oil line to the tank. I have also taken the proving tube of the direct vent to make sure no obstructions and everything appears to be fine. Sometimes the unit will go 2 cycles with no issues but it seems to mainly only want to run for the 30 mins then trip the 8184...Any ideas as to what I am missing??

Thanks in advance
Dan

Old 11-10-12, 09:51 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A chimney?;-) barring that maybe a stiff wire down that tube or pressure switch,check ohms on eye,cover as many bases as you can.

Old 11-10-12, 10:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,059 Upvotes on 3,642 Posts
In looking at that Honeywell controller it looks like the only thing that makes it trip on safety is the cad eye. If your power vent was bad it wouldn't cause the 8184 to trip. My guess is the eye is defective or the 8184 is defective.

Old 11-11-12, 05:01 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If a burner motor goes dead that to would make it go off on reset as well to many things that give me to many gray hairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: