installing new fan center

Old 11-23-12, 08:19 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
installing new fan center

i have an old coleman furnace in a mobile home. i have installed a new thermostat so i can run the blower motor without the heat to circulate some heat from my wood stove. but to do this i also have to install a new fan center which i have. i am wanting to know at what point do i connect or splice the red wire (no) normally on. do i just splice it anywhere after the limit switches or do i do it before the limit switch? or do i do it on the limit switch. i am confused as to when i turn the fan on at the thermostat that it might send 120 volts to the limit and blow it? by the way the limits are 120 volts not 24.

Old 11-23-12, 08:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Usually looks something like this...

Old 11-23-12, 10:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Personally, I find it convenient to use a box fan to circulate heat from my wood stove and to break up stratified temperatures and such.

Of course that means that the living room/dining room/kitchen area where the stove is located are the rooms that get most of the heat. That means that bedrooms, basement and such get only marginal amounts of heat.

That's fine with me. It means reduced wood consumption.

I suspect yous will find that operating the fan the way you propose to do will not produce even heating of the house. I would suppose you are anticipating taking "warm" air from the return air vent somewhere near the stove, and recirculating that about the house. Of course air taken from the floor will be the coolest in the room.

Central heating furnace design does a marvelous job of heating all the rooms in a house. You can probably make some improvement in circulating heat from a wood stove about the house by the method you propose, but I'd guess it is unlikely to compare very well with your central heating system.

But perhaps a small improvement would be worthwhile. I know that the bathroom can get pretty chilly sometimes, and I will sometimes use a small heater to take the chill off there!

I's be interested in your experiences if you give this a try, and a description of what kind of house/stove/climate you are working with now.

Old 11-24-12, 10:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
N.O. means normally open.
N.C. means normally closed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: