Repairing in-duct booster fans - relay or duct stat?

Old 11-26-12, 05:10 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repairing in-duct booster fans - relay or duct stat?

I have two in duct booster fans installed to boost air to one room in my house - it is a converted porch, outside the main walls of the house, completely finished with floor to ceiling casement windows. The HVAC installer wired the fans to an always on 110 power supply when the furnace was put in - about 5-7 years ago. As far as I can tell the fans both burned out. The power supply is fine but neither works. I am assuming that running 24x7 for this period of time would do it.

I purchased replacement fans, but before I install them I wanted to come up with a better power hookup. I think I have two options - a relay hooked to the EAC connections on the furnace or a duct stat? I have yet to look at the furnace for these connections as access is limited by the risers in my home theater - not easy to move. It is a Comfortmaker furnace.

I was hoping to get a general consensus from the board before I dig in? Thanks.

Old 11-26-12, 10:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Using the EAC on the ingition control would be the best method of controlling the duct vents in my opinion.

Too bad the repairman who installed the fans did a poor quality job by wiring them to stay on all the time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: