York 90 P3ur014N9501A

Old 12-01-12, 07:02 AM
York 90 P3ur014N9501A

Problem-The t-stat calls for heat, the Inducer fan starts, but the Igniter does not glow-I have removed it and checked for cracks, none show- as a result the furnace does not run or heat.
The Control board is blinking 7 times, this indicates-Igniter, Gas valve, low pressure or burner problem.

I have checked the Igniter, how do I check the Gas valve and Pressure-my propane tank was filled 3 days ago.

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-12, 08:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Use a multimeter to see if you have 120 VAC to the ignitor. The power to the ignitor should switch on after the inducer motor comes up to speed.

While the pressure switch is probably closing, I'd use your multimeter to verify that 24 VAC is being switch on at the pressure switch when the inducer motor comes up to speed.

If the pressure switch closes and you have no 120 VAC, you have a bad ignition control module which is failing to turn on the power to the ignitor.

Old 12-01-12, 11:21 AM
Multimeter

Hi Seattle, do you remember me, you helped me out back about 2 years ago, ----

I am going to buy a new Multimeter or voltage tester, I have one a Sperry, but I am not certain where the black and red wire go on the instrument, and I am not sure at all which or where to place the selector dial- Hope I can find some help at the store, the price is real cheap on some of these multimeters now days. I have some errands to run, so will contact yu after I make the recommended test.

Old 12-01-12, 11:31 AM
<< Hi Seattle, do you remember me, you helped me out back about 2 years ago, ----

>>

Oh, dear. If you are back again apparently I didn't do a very good job!

Old 12-01-12, 11:34 AM
Well, you want to set the meter to read AC voltages.

You want to set the dial to read voltages higher than that which you want to measure.

So if you want to measure 24 VAC, set the meter to measure AC voltages and whatever setting is above 24 volts ---- 50 volts, 100 volts or whatever.

How are the test lead plug ins labeled?

Old 12-02-12, 10:04 AM
Reply to Seattle

You did an excellent job the first time I needed help, a very simple thought, My furnace would start up but go right back out, and it would not lite all the burners, I thought I had a bad pilot, but you told me I had Electronic ignition, and to clean the burner groves so the flame could spread- it worked and has ever since. Now- I have learned to use the Voltmeter, I got a reading on the Ignition circuit, but not sure how to measure the gas valve, Also its now blinking 3 times, that indicates a Pressure switch, problem, I am going to test the Pressure switch, This is all difficult for me, as I hurt my back, very painful, I am 75 years old. But I will try to test the pressure switch.

Tell me about the GAs valve testing - I have a black and yellow wire hooked to it.

Old 12-02-12, 12:16 PM
You probably have two wires connecting to the gas valve. You want to set your meter to the 200 volts ac position. Connect one test lead to each of the two connections.

After the hot surface ignitor heats up, the gas valve should turn on for a minimum of 3-5 seconds. If it does, you will see 24 VAC appear across the gas valve connections. If that happens and the gas doesn't turn on, you may have a bad gas valve.

If the 24 VAC doesn't turn on when it should, you may have a bad ignition control module.

To check the pressure switch, set the meter to 200 VAC. Connect one test lead to the furnace sheet metal chassis ground. If you have two electrical connections to the pressure switch, one should show 24 VAC when the thermostat is calling for heat. The other should show 24 VAC only when the inducer motor comes up to speed.

I've had plenty of back, leg and foot issues myself!