Furnace will not turn on

Old 12-15-12, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace will not turn on

A few days ago I noticed it was rather chilly in the house. I checked the thermostat (Nest 1st gen) and it said it was heating to 70, was currently 66 and the furnace was not on. I noticed the humidifier attached did have water flowing so it appears a call to heat was sent but the furnace never responded. I then turned the thermostat down and back up and the furnace kicked right on and heated to my desired temp. It worked for the next 5-8 cycles and then repeated the issue. Again, turning down and back up allowed the furnace to turn on. I woke up cold at 4:30 this morning and noticed the same problem. This time, I went down to the furnace and from my phone I turned the temp down and back up. I heard the humidifier click on but nothing from the furnace. I did the same thing again about 30 seconds later still standing right next to it and the furnace kicked on. When it is on it sounds like it is working. The blower kicks on, then the ignition, then you hear the flames and it completes its full heating cycle without issue. I inspected the wiring on the main board and it all appears to be be ok with no cracks or breaks. I need to know what other troubleshooting steps I can take. Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-12, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
with a call for heat you should see 24VAC between W and C at the control board. Check for this.