Beckett AF 15 Problems..

Old 12-20-12, 08:48 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Beckett AF 15 Problems..

Hello all,
Ill try to explain my problem as detailed as I can. Ill try to get you any other info you may want/need that I haven't included...just ask..So this is the story....
About a month ago, I ran out of oil...and sucked up a bunch of crap...Its a Beckett Aft 15 series maybe 10-12 years old, .60-80 solid nozzle. Any way, after noticing the dirty old in the bleed line, I changed the filter on the tank, had no luck, ended up blowing out the line to the tank, then it work for a few days, and quit. Then I replaced the nozzle, which was very dirty, and then it ran good, until the other day, when I foolishly ran out of oil again...I put more in and it would fire and the green light would come on and then go out, and I noticed I was getting fine air bubbles thru the bleed line, so I did more research and found out about the strainer in the pump so I took that out and cleaned it well, put it back in and now the oil is very clean comeing thru the bleed tube. But its still doing the same thing...bleed it, fires up, green light comes on goes out and occasionally comes on and goes out again, I can peek in the little door and see orange flame even after the green light goes. out...then it shuts down and we do the same thing over again..please help...im fairly handy and truly can't really afford a tech to come in...if I had money for a tech, I would have.had a full tank of oil....

Old 12-20-12, 08:54 AM
J
And thank you in advance for any info/help!!

Old 12-20-12, 09:31 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If you bled the line good,sounds like the nozzle,it's pretty small.Don;t forget a Out Of Oil can trash everything and your back to square one.

Old 12-20-12, 09:53 AM
J
It has a brand new nozzle In it

Old 12-20-12, 10:05 AM
J
I just tryed bleeding again, same deal. The green light comes on and goes out...sometimes doesn't light at all, although there is flame in there. I even tried restarting without bleeding and the same thing...it fires but then dies as the.green light goes out or doesn't light at all...I looked at the "eye" and it wasn't doored up or anything..

Old 12-20-12, 10:08 AM
J
Eye wasn't "sooted" up....I apologize for bad.grammar...I am on my phone...and it sometimes has a mind of its own.

Old 12-21-12, 08:06 AM
J
Nothing? Really? I could REALLY use some help here.....

Old 12-21-12, 12:08 PM
S
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
AF problems

If I understand your post correctly, you've run your new nozzle with a dirty screen and then run out of oil again. If it were me, I would change filter, screen, and nozzle again. Steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: