Capacitor or motor

Old 12-22-12, 12:49 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Capacitor or motor

I applied power to one of the terminals on the gas valve and the burners came on the other terminal shorted and temporary shut everything down. There is three terminals on the gas valve the terminal with the red wire is the one I use to jump the power to get the burners on but the blower doesn't turn on. I'm assuming the third terminal is for the blower?

Old 12-22-12, 01:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Your diagnostic methods leave a lot to be desired.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Old 12-22-12, 06:26 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Agreed, what are trying to accomplish?

Old 12-23-12, 09:17 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,562 Votes on 1,405 Posts
Your thread's title really does not match what you say you are doing. It's sort of like asking fuel injectors or fuel pump on your car then tell us you rotated the tires to try and diagnose the problem. The terminals on a gas valve do not control any motor on any furnace that I am aware of. The gas valve is commanded to open and close by some other controlling device. It (gas valve) does not control anything.

I'm not trying to be a bung hole but judging by your post I don't think you should be working on a gas furnace. Sometimes it is best to pay the service fee and have it repaired by a professional especially when dealing with something that can be deadly to you and your family. Also, mucking about touching wires to the wrong thing can damage previously good components further driving up your repair bill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: