Need help finding new Thermostat that works with Lennox Lennox G61 furnace

Old 12-25-12, 07:22 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help finding new Thermostat that works with Lennox Lennox G61 furnace

Hello:
I have a Lennox G61-MPV furnace, and the thermostat that came with it is broken. I wanted to replace it with a fancy Wifi one, but as I look at the instructions on all of the thermostats I can find, I do not see any terminal marked "D" which my current thermostat has ... which i think is for the variable speed blower that this unit has. It is a dual stage gas fired variable speed blower furnace. Can anyone point me to a thermostat that might work with this unit? thanks!
Matt

Old 12-25-12, 08:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 34 Posts
The Honeywell Prestige fits this description...

It is sold in different combinations.
The internet gateway would also be required if you want wifi control.

The wireless outdoor sensor, wireless remote, and duct sensor wouldn't be required

Last edited by Houston204; 12-25-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-25-12, 06:49 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
You don't HAVE TO use D... (dehumidification). What that does is that slows down the blower during a/c operation for dehumidification control. If you choose not to use that function your wifi thermostat options open up a lot and it becomes much cheaper.

Old 12-26-12, 04:40 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, I have been reading a little about this, and it looks like the dehumdify terminal will tell furnace to blow slow over Air Conditioning coils if is is humid out. I kind of like that feature, so maybe I will go with the Presteage IAQ, even though it is a little more pricy then some of the WiFi units out there... especially since you have to order the wifi control separately.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: