Arcoaire enviro plus 90 RPJ II The inducer keeps running, doesn't ignite.

Old 12-27-12, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arcoaire enviro plus 90 RPJ II The inducer keeps running, doesn't ignite.

I have an Arcoaire enviro plus 90 RPJ II, when the furnace starts, the draft inducer runs but the igniter doesn't light. I turn the power off and let it sit for 15 minutes and it will ran like normal for a few days. Yesterday it would not ignite after the inducer fan came on. Sometime I hear what sounds like a vent slamming shut. I have checked the vents and flue and they aren't blocked and filter has been cleaned. I'm thinking that the problem is with the control card but I'm not sure. Anyone have an idea what I can try?
Thanks,
Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-12, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The most likely problem is that the pressure switch isn't staying closed reliably.

When the inducer motor turns on and spools up, it shoud develop enough pressure to cause the pressure switch to close and stay closed as long as the thermostat is calling for heat. If the pressure is marginal, the pressure switch may open, which will prevent the burners from lighting or shut them off if they are lit.

Use a multimeter to see if the pressure switch is opening when the burners shut off, and report the result of your tests back here.