Carrier ch/a fan blowing cont. &no heat

Old 01-31-01, 08:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

This is a Carrier model vr800a 1020

Yesterday I opened a couple of windows & turned on the attic fan. (it was warm out)

I then realised that I heard the heater running, so I turned it off at the thermostat. (at least I THINK I did)

I don't know if it continued to run or not, because it always takes a few minutes to cut off once you turn off or adjust the thermostat, and I had gone outside.

Later that evening. I noticed that it was running ( I don't remember if I turned it on at the thermostat 1st or not) and blowing cool air.

I turned thermostat on & off.
Reset the temp.

Neither worked.

Looked in the heater..pilot lit, ??burners?? not

Cut off the pilot and relit it according to instructions.
Did not help, as soon as the bottom panel was replaced, it cut back on.

Flipped the breaker that the unit is on. Left it off 10 minutes...as soon as the breaker was reset, it came right back on... (the fan, not the heat)

I don't think this had anything to do with it, but I did clean and replace the filter earlier that morning, but it did run for a while normally before the whole attic fan story...

Thank you for any assistance/

Old 01-31-01, 02:46 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Check fan on/auto switch at t'stat? Does the heat work when t'stat is raised? If not your probably out on a limit control. Give us correct model number of furnace. The model number you gave looks like the model of the t'stat, not the furnace.

Old 01-31-01, 02:51 PM
Visiting Guest
58gp 100-ba

Sorry

no, when I raise the temp on the thermostat (honeywell digital) it still doesn't come on.

Old 01-31-01, 03:03 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Make sure

The furnace panel is on correctly and pushing against the safety switch.If it is and you still have problems,take the red and white wires at tstat,hook them together to see how heat functions.Give us a call and let us know "WHATS UP".PDF

Old 01-31-01, 03:25 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
You are out on the primary limit switch, or you may have some wires touching. Try this: Turn off electric, remove lower panel, disconnect the t'stat wire going to the 'G' terminal, tape off and replace panel, turn on electric. If fan still runs, you may be out on the limit or the board may have gone south. Call a Carrier dealer to check it out.

Old 01-31-01, 05:37 PM
Visiting Guest
I checked the thermocoupler... It reads 18.8.

I will see about having someone out tomorrow

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: