Residential Wifi temperature control

Old 01-01-13, 05:20 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Cool Residential Wifi temperature control

Happy New Year! I am looking for input for Wifi temperature monitoring and control for residential setting.
Thanks

Old 01-01-13, 07:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
The 3M Filtrete stat is a less expensive model wifi stat and is available at your local hardware stores.

The Nest thermostat is a better wifi stat and also available at local stores and online. The 2nd generation can be identified by the * terminals and the built in level is on the lower portion of the stat. This stat has an ipod feel to the controls with it's single button and turn interface.

Honeywell also has wifi stats. The Honeywell FocusPro Redlink and the Honeywell Prestige IAQ. The Honeywell Prestige IAQ offers the most features of these 3 manufactures. It requires an internet gateway which is sold separately making it the most expensive of these 3 options. The internet gateway will support multiple thermostats.

I have installed all three of these stats and continue to recommend Honeywell thermostats above all other options.

Old 01-01-13, 12:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Honeywell has also recently come out with thermostats that DO NOT require the internet gateway and are very comparable in price to the 3m.

http://wifithermostat.com/wifi-programmable-thermostats

Old 01-01-13, 06:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would suggest the Wifi Honeywell that is sold at Home Depot than the 3M model.

Don't bother with Nest.

Old 01-02-13, 04:44 PM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Thanks for the input, I'll check these out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: