My carrier furnace won't light

Old 01-08-13, 07:28 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My carrier furnace won't light

Ok my name is drew I have a carrier furnace 150 my blow motor wasn't Turning because the capacitor was Bad. That caused a lot of heat buildup in my furnace that caused my PVC pipe witch was connected to my inducer to Melt witch caused Moisture buildup to drip in my furnace Eventually shorted out my mainboard and Harnest ..... So I changed the board and harnest it lite up was working Until I went to the thermostat and took it from auto to on When I did that something shorted out not really sure what it was So I thought maybe was a bad connection when I pulled on the Honness I ended up shorting out the board because the board grounded itself to the housing So now I change the board again and now my inducer fan is not kicking on but my blower fan is I'm guessing if The inducer fan doesn't turn on the unit doesn't light up so there for I'm going nuts can anyone help???

Old 01-09-13, 02:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Post the model of your furnace which can be found on the rating plate in the furnace burner compartment.

Many Carrier furnaces will switch on the fan circulating air around the house if the 24 VAC low voltage is interrupted because a fuse on the circuit board is blown, the transformer is burned out or other sensors have shut off the furnace.

Use a multimeter to see if you have 24 VAC between the R and C terminals when the fan is running. If you don't that's probably the problem and the model number of the furnace will help identify further possible problems you can check.

Old 01-10-13, 11:14 AM
A
Model # 5XSX 120-CC-1
Series# 150
and yes when I turn on the furnace the blower turns on but I know when it's working right the inducer motor kicks on first and I changed the main board and Transformer and the fuse is good

Old 01-10-13, 01:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
>

You have to answer the questions posed to you if you expect to get useful help.

Old 01-10-13, 05:40 PM
A
Model # 5XSX 120-CC-1
Series# 150

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: