York 90 P3ur014N9501A-will no longer start up, code 4

Old 01-24-13, 03:09 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York 90 P3ur014N9501A-will no longer start up, code 4

My york furnace has worked on and off now for 2 days, now it will not start up.

I installed a new Limit switch yesterday when it read a code 3

I noticed water on the floor, so I reconnected the drains from the inducer, cleaned out the trap-

I installed a new Pressure switch-today, it worked fine after that, but went out again. Will not ignite.

Currently I am getting a Code 4-Limit switch open-none of the items it suggest seem appropriate-No dirty filter, No improper ducts, Not the blower speed, and the blower works fine set on "Fan " at the t-stat.

Any suggestions ??

Old 01-24-13, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
code 4 present means the limit is open. You need to confirm this by removing the wires and checking resistance through the limit. Limits don't open unless they are overheated.

Old 01-24-13, 07:12 PM
B
Overheated Limit

I think it is getting overheated by the fan failing to come on, that I think is the main problem. The fan works when I set the T-stat to Fan, so I assume it is not the motor.

By the way, I have a Multimeter, tell me how to check the Limit - I don't know much about the Multimeter, but would like to learn.

Last edited by Bilhar381; 01-24-13 at 07:20 PM. Reason: check the Limit
Old 01-30-13, 09:03 AM
B
Just a thank you note

Wanted to thank you who responded to my distress call, I got my furnace working once again.

Here is what I did, I removed the Fan blower unit to check it out, the motor and all. Nothing wrong with the motor. I decided to clean it with a Tooth brush and some Brake cleaner-(only thing I had handy), put it back into the Furnace, Reconnected the Control board which sets in front of the fan, I did it right this time with all the screws and bolts, I reconnected the drain lines from the Inducer and burner, NOW, I think my problem was a loose hose on this system. As the drain box, (forget the name) was not protruding up into the right place, I was missing a screw on the far side letting it sag. After doing this, it fired right up and has ran flawlessly ever since.

Tell everyone to check those dam drain hoses-they cause all sorts of problems if not connected properly.

After each summer with Air Conditioner running , refill the drain box, (still cannot think of the right name for it) pull off the hose that connects to the Inducer up near the intake pipe, insert a funnel and fill it up.

I hope this helps someone, again thanks to all of you , Bilhar

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: