Lennox Icomfort

Old 02-01-13, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Icomfort

I got some quotes on a new lennox unit. They are including the icomfort thermostat. I already have a wifi thermostat is it really worth the 200-300 for the icomfort?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-13, 09:56 AM
It depends on the system you put in and which thermostat you currently have.

Old 02-02-13, 02:32 PM
I am leaning towards the SLP98 over the ELS96.

I currently have a filtrete wifi thermostat.

I am trying to see if the SLP is worth the extra 700 about after rebates from the gas company.

Old 02-02-13, 03:48 PM
The SLP98v should be used with a lennox communicating thermostat; I'm not sure the icomfort is communicating, I know it can be used on a standard 24v system so I doubt it.

The EL296v is 2 stage furnace and requires a 2 stage thermostat for best operation. Is your current thermostat 2 stage?

Old 02-02-13, 06:18 PM
I'd suggest you to go ahead and use the iComfort t-stat for best system results since it's a communicating t-stat. You'll get full use of the furnace options such as humidity control, and true variable staging of the furnace.

If you kept your old stat, if 2nd stage is called, the furnace will run up 10% stage every 5 min, and when it's reaches 100%, and the 2nd stage back off at the -stat, the furnace will stay running 100% till 1st stage setting has met it's set point.

Old 02-02-13, 07:41 PM
Jay, is it communicating? I found that it was a standard 24V stat and not communicating because
System Compatibility

allows easy integration with any Lennox or third-party indoor or outdoor unit.* You can optimize performance if installed with a premium Lennox[SUP][/SUP] system.

NEVER MIND!!!!

*A 24V relay kit to allow control of non-icomfort-enabled units will be available spring 2013.
This is just like Trane's version (XL950). If you use the relay panel it can be used with any 24V system.