Clicking noise coming from control box. Thermo pride model OMC-70

Old 02-13-13, 08:56 AM
Clicking noise coming from control box. Thermo pride model OMC-70

Good Morning everyone. I'm new member from NY. Like others I joined because of a problem with my furnace.

I have an oil burner 6 year old Thermo Pride model OMC-70.

This morning the furnace started making a clicking noise. The clicking noise is random and happens several times every minute. The clicking noise happens mostly when the furnace is not running. But has also done it while the furnace is running but not as often. Or maybe its just less noticeable while the blower is running?

I removed the doors and found the noise to be coming from the control panel in the top compartment of the furnace. But I noticed when the clicking noise happens my blower fan just barely starts to spins and then stops. But every time the clicking happens the blower starts to spin?

When the furnace calls for heat the burner lights and the blower does come on so we heat. Been running this way all morning. So we do have heat, but that clicking noise and the blower spinning can't be good.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is one of the relays going bad inside the control panel? I notice there are two relays.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-13, 11:08 PM
Group Moderator
It's hard to tell exactly what is going on there. By your description it sounds like an issue with the blower relay.

Thermo Pride furnaces also come with a “Peace of Mind” 10-year parts warranty.
That is from their website. You should be well under warranty.

The following is their service company locator if you don't already have a company.
Thermo Pride - Dealer Locator

Old 02-14-13, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the link. Not sure if I'm covered. The company I pruchased the furnace from is no longer in business. I'll contact them and see what can be done.

Thanks for trying.