[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]ii[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I have a RUUD gas furnace Model # UGDG-07NAMGR
Ser. # BR5D307 F0792 9927
Recently it has started making a loud noise. I believe it is coming from the Draft inducer motor. It sounds like a bad bearing. Any clues as to what is wrong? The furnace does supply heat but I would like to address the problem.

Old 02-22-13, 04:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you look carefully, you'll probably see some nuts that can be removed which hold the inducer motor assembly to the furnace. Removing those usually makes it pretty easy to remove the inducer motor and fan as one assembly.

Once its out, check for any evidence that something is interfereing with the fan blades and causing the noise. You should be able to power up the inducer motor when it's off the furnace and determine if the motor is bad with greater confidence.

If the inducer motor is bad, I'd shop for the inducer motor assembly as a replacement part, not just the motor. Replacing just the motor can be difficult to do, while replacing the assembly is usually easy.

Old 02-24-13, 11:46 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help. After taking the inducer motor out I found a small piece of what looked like electrical tape hitting the fan. Piece of tape removed ...noise gone. Quick fix...maybe 20 minutes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: