Miller heater not firing up

Old 02-23-13, 08:43 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Miller heater not firing up

Hello,
have a miller M1MB070abw heater in mobile home and today it will not fire up. the ignitor glows orange and after about 30 seconds a flame will appear but we get no hot air. the module status indicator for yellow blinking is weak flame. Now would that be from low propane in tank (has we don't have a working gauge on tank) stove lites and i have had stove burner on for 10 minutes. or is it something else on the heater that is bad.
thanks
allen

Old 02-23-13, 01:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The likely cause of the problem you describe is low gas pressure.

If you are experiencing unusually cold weather, that could be caused by a regulator on the tank that is freezing up. It could be caused by weather too cold for the propane to be able to vaporize from a liquid to a gas.

(That can be caused by a tank that is too small to absord heat from the suroounding air needed to boil the propane or a nearly empty tank that doesn't have enough liquid propane in it to absord the heat needed to boil the liquid propane to a gas.

Usually I'd expect that if a low gas pressure problem existed you would be able to see that the range burner flames are noticably lower than you are used to.

I'd check the range burner flames when the furnace is lit and the low burner flame is an actual problem.

So check that out in more detail and let us know what you find.

Old 02-23-13, 02:28 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks
we got it working. when gas man got here today, he said oh you got a half tank of gas. well then why isn't heater working. come to find out regulator on tank was bad.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: