Lennox g16 please help

Old 02-26-13, 08:28 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox g16 please help

I just replaced my induction motor because it had seized up, now I think I have uncovered the real problem. After properly installing the new induction system the furnace fired right up however after dinner I realized the house was getting colder. When I checked the furnace the induction blower was running but no flame. After turning the furnace off, waiting a few seconds turned it back on and everything fired up as normal but after 30-50secs the flames went out, then turned back on, then off. Please help

Old 02-26-13, 08:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,993 Upvotes on 3,584 Posts
Did you replace just the motor or the whole assembly ?
Do you get the exact replacement part or a substituted part ?

Some of the replacement blowers require an adapter baffle or plate depending on the BTU's of the furnace.

Old 02-26-13, 09:03 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I replaced the whole assembly with the lennox part. There was an adapter between the the assembly and the exhaust, taking it from a rectangle to round exhaust that fit on the new unit

Old 02-26-13, 09:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,993 Upvotes on 3,584 Posts
This isn't really my line of work so I'm not 100% certain on those plates.

If I understood you correctly......the new assembly required an adapter plate that the old one didn't need. That would mean you were given a substituted part.....which could be 100% fine.

There is a rubber hose connecting that blower to the pressure switch. That pressure must be within a certain tolerance or the furnace won't light. If your furnace was fine up until you replaced the inducer fan then there is some kind of issue with that new inducer.

The pressure switch has two wires on it. If you have a voltmeter..... set it to read AC volts and watch the voltage there. When the unit is sitting idle.....you should see near 24 vac. When the inducer is running that should be very near 0 volts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: