7 Red Blinks

Old 03-02-13, 07:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
7 Red Blinks

Coleman Echelon 9C---

The red light is blinking 7 times. I took the covers off and pressed the switch in. It runs through the "startup process" 3 times then blinks 7 red lights. On the top of the unit I can see a glow and an ignition for a couple of seconds, then ist stops and runs through the process again (3 times) until it resorts to flashing a red light 7 times.

So, it does seem to be getting gas and igniting.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-13, 10:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Are the burners actually lighting and then turning back off within a few seconds? If so, it is probably the flame sensor, which will need cleaning. Easy process if thats it.

Old 03-02-13, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, the burners are igniting and making a beautiful, blue flame! Gorgeous! About 5 seconds later it was kicking out. I cleaned the flame sensor and it's working now. What a pain to get at the flame sensor! It's about 1/100 of a full turn with a 1/4" box wrench each time. Took about 1000 "turns". It didn't look all that dirty but did have some very light oxidation. Those things must be sensitive. A little steel wool and wipe of with paper towel. It'd be nice if it wasn't surrounded by 100 other things so you could actually get to it. Took me 3 minutes to clean and 15 to get out.

Thank you for the help!

Old 03-02-13, 05:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Glad to hear you are back in business. You may want to invest in a 1/4" nut driver for the future.

I make cleaning my sensor part of my annual fall ritual.