Lennox Innovator Furnace and Watchguard Mode

Old 03-07-13, 04:52 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HELP - Lennox Innovator Furnace and Watchguard Mode

I have been having a problem with my Lennox furnace. For the past week or so it would go into watchguard mode and I would fiddle with the thermostat to get it to turn back on. It would turn on and heat, but then after a couple of cycles it wouldn't come back on. Now it isn't turning on at all. I checked to blinking light code and got Watchguard mode - burners failed to ignite. When I try to restart it the starter glows red, then the burners ignite for about 3/4 of a second and go out, this repeats about 4-5 times and then it goes back into watchguard. I tried cleaning the flame sensor, but that didn't fix it. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong?

Old 03-07-13, 03:14 PM
O
Video

I made a video of what I am seeing when the furnace tries to start. Hope somebody can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KC_wCxGPc

Old 03-07-13, 05:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,053 Upvotes on 3,636 Posts
Welcome to the forums !

It's not the flame sensor as the burner needs to be lit for a few seconds before it activates.

Can you post the model number of your furnace.

Old 03-07-13, 05:46 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If what I think I see is correct, one burner lites but the remaining burners are failing to light.

The first burner should ignite the remaining ones. There is probably a blockage which may require the burners to be removed and cleaned of any obstructions.

Old 03-07-13, 06:53 PM
O
G32Q3-75-3

the right burner is igniting and when the cover is on and I look through the window, I see the other two flame up briefly before it goes out.

Old 03-07-13, 08:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,053 Upvotes on 3,636 Posts
The link is for the service manual for your unit. I don't know enough about this furnace to tell you whether or not cleaning the burner assembly is a DIY'er project. Page 32 discusses burner cleaning and further down in the 50's are the diagnostic charts.

http://hvacpartsshop.net/G32Q_Series.pdf

HVACtech will stop by and give his take on the problem.

Old 03-08-13, 03:58 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
You do need to clean the burner faces and crossovers. To do this you have take the burner manifold out of the way (kind of a pain). If you cant figure it out or feel itis over your head then you should call a few contractors and get a price for burner cleaning.

Old 03-08-13, 01:03 PM
O
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to have to call someone out. I appreciate the responses.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: