Need top door for Coleman furnace

Old 03-16-13, 01:38 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need top door for Coleman furnace

We just bought a used manufactured home (1999 model) and are missing the top door, which holds the filter, for a Coleman Evcon furnace, model DGAT090BDF.
Any idea where I can buy one? We live in Iowa, cold winters, hot summers. Just had the furnace cleaned and checked out by a pro but he didn't offer any help in finding the missing door. (also overcharged a bunch) We need the door and the frame that holds the filter. I checked the Coleman site but nothing for this model. I also found a site with frames and filters, but no idea if they will fit the door. Any help most appreciated.

Old 03-16-13, 03:25 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
From what I can find, that part is no longer available. They expect the door to last forever but that doesn't help you. You could scout out any used manufactured home dealers and see if any have a used door - or see if you have a sheet metal shop in your area who could fabricate a new one for you.

Old 03-18-13, 09:55 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks like it may be time to get creative. I'm sure Coleman would rather we just buy a new furnace, but that's not in the budget.

Old 03-18-13, 10:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,898 Upvotes on 3,494 Posts
I was able to locate the blower door but not the burner service door.
You could call local service companies in your area. They may have units that they've pulled out for replacement.

Old 03-18-13, 09:19 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the furnace is located in a closet with a wood door you could install a filter grill in the door and that would work just fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: