New Lennox EL195YHE Gas Furnace

Old 03-17-13, 03:10 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Lennox EL195YHE Gas Furnace

Furnace is two months old. Last night it went out. Went outside and checked entry and exit pipes and all ok. Called Lennox Service and they came over. Checked pressure valve etc., cut entry and exit tubes to insure no blockage. All ok there. Flashes three times on codes. Here's what it does and doesn't do. On call for heat unit will start blower and ignition coil will light. 15 Seconds later it will shut down. No ignition to burners. Keeps repeating this over and over. Here's where it gets interesting. On the burner viewport cover above the blower motor if you back off the holddown screw on the left hand side and do not tighten it all the way down to firmly secure the cover the furnace works ok. Two Lennox techs I talked to are stumped. Both did diagnostic tests with their meters as well (electrical) No Manometer check done. Puzzled at 20 below ???

Old 03-18-13, 06:54 AM
E
I've seen it a hundred times. Furnaces that have a burner box that is enclosed often have problems with the pressure switch. The circle thing with a red or black hose that also goes to a port on the burner box. That's the pressure switch. It seems to be a difficult problem to solve. I've replaced the pressure switch, I've taken the metal and PVC vents off and cleared them, I've blown out the hose for pressure switch but nothing works. In the end, instead of taking the cover off the burner box, I just disconnect the hose off the burner box. So the hose just hangs there

Old 03-18-13, 07:32 AM
D
Lennox EL195UHE Problem

You suggest disconnecting the pressure hose. Will this in any way affect ignition and operation of the Furnace or create any other problems ? Tks.

Old 03-18-13, 08:43 AM
E
It will not affect the way it operates. Assuming that it even solves the problem for now. Just try it for a minute and see if it works.

Old 03-18-13, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
DO NOT do that!!! You are effectively bypassing a safety device.

What size are your flues? 2" or 3"?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: