Concord Furnace Kicking Out After Start-up

Old 03-25-13, 01:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Furnace Kicking Out After Start-up

Hi,

I'm having issues with my Concord 90+ High Efficiency Furnace, here is the sequence of events:

Furnace would run and intermittently kick out and not come back on, after turning the furnace switch off then on again it would refire and run for a few days then the same issue would happen.

I checked the furnace filter and it was severely plugged so I pulled it out and ran it without a filter until I got a new one (one or two days later).

Furnace ran as before, kicking out intermittently, getting more and more frequent, thinking it was the thermostat I replaced it with one of those new Nest thermostats, the furnace then ran for a couple days then began kicking out each start-up after 1 minute.

I took a look at the furnace and noticed that the drain hose was full of water, I pulled it out and let the water drain, I then blew through it and it appeared clear, I then hooked up a shop vac to the air intake and exhaust and there appeared to be no restrictions.

I uploaded the video below onto one of those asking forums that helps you and you pay a bit a money to have a certified person look at it, he did and told me I needed a new monther board, I replaced the monther board and the pressure switch just to be safe.

IMG 2984 - YouTube

After replacing both, the clicking stopped however, I still get the error code - Pressure Switch Closed with Inducer Off

Any help or further suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-13, 04:17 PM
sounds like you have a control board issue

Old 03-27-13, 12:43 PM
Replaced it already, it stopped the clicking that you hear in the video but still shuts down.

Old 03-27-13, 01:38 PM
Clean the flame sensor..............

Old 03-27-13, 01:54 PM
Received 21 Votes on 17 Posts
Did you run a drill bit through the steel nipple where the hose from the pressure switch connects to the fan housing?

Old 04-05-13, 12:05 PM
No I didn't, would that help? and I will try to clean the flame sensor.. I cleaned the ignitor.

Old 04-05-13, 12:09 PM
Received 21 Votes on 17 Posts
The steel nipple WILL rust and corrode internally and that will block the airflow signal to the pressure switch. Probably a large number of the pressure switches replaced were fine and dandy but needed the connection to the ID fan cleared.