ducane furnace will not light

Old 04-17-13, 03:20 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ducane furnace will not light

OK I asked for help the other day and my computer shut down.So now I'm back.I have a Ducane Model#MPGA050B3B.I am getting four flashes on the board which tells me to check my vents ,Flues and registers.Which I did.The furnace will start up and I get 28.39 on my volt meter on both sides of my high limit switch.The furnace will run about one to two minutes.I then get a click that sounds like it's in the control panel.The furnace shuts down and I get a humming sound.Furnace will start again after it cools down.Thanks for any help

Old 04-17-13, 03:57 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
is your filter dirty? Are ALL your registers (supply and return) open and not blocked? Do you have a/c? Is the evap coil plugged?

Old 04-17-13, 08:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Take the cover off the burner compartment of the furnace. Describe in order and in detail the sequence of events that occurs when you turn up the thermostat.

Old 04-23-13, 05:17 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your help.But I guess the four blinking LED lights also mean to check the blower motor.It was starting up and running until the blower would come on and I guess it was dragging too much power and would shut down.Problem solved!Got a new motor and capasitor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: