Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

Tempstar Furnace Blower starts then stops, then ignition and blower starts again

Tempstar Furnace Blower starts then stops, then ignition and blower starts again

Old 04-21-13, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a 3 year old Tempstar furnace. Recently when the thermostat calls for heat the blower kicks on for about 10-15 seconds then stops. Shortly after that the burner ignites and the fan starts again and stays on until the thermostat temp is satisified. I've cleaned the heat sensor but that did not fix the problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-13, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
What make and model of thermostat do you have? IF you disconnect the wire on G at the thermostat does it act normally with a call for heat?

Old 04-22-13, 12:39 PM
The thermostat is a Simple Comfort 2000. I disconnected the green wire as you suggested and then it worked normally with the burners igniting first and then the fan coming on. Does that imply a bad thermostat?

Old 04-22-13, 12:50 PM
it is either a bad thermostat or the thermostat is set up for electric heat instead of gas heat

Old 04-22-13, 01:21 PM
It had worked properly for over 3 years and until just a couple of weeks ago so I presume it is wired properly.

Old 04-22-13, 01:26 PM
Who said anything about it being wired properly? Perhaps, someone changed the setup program for the thermostat ... just something to check but more than likely you're correct it Needs the new thermostat

Old 04-22-13, 01:48 PM
I'm feeling like an idiot right now. I just realized after you indicated that it might be setup for electric and not gas heat that there is a switch controlling gas or electric and when I changed the batteries several weeks ago I bumped that switch and changed the setting to electric. I changed it back to gas and now everything is working ok. Thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.