Furnace Filter

Old 05-12-13, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace Filter

Hey everyone i recently bought this furnace filter: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2734/captureoh.jpg. As you can see it says it can be used for upto three months and it is washable so does it mean i can watch after 3 months and reuse it? or does it mean i should wash it in between those 3 months of usage?

Also since its summer here and i am not using my furnace for heating so do i need to change the filter? No AC at home.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-13, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
it does NOT say that it is washable! Reread the package.... It also says UP TO 3 months.... each home is different and it may only last you a few weeks to a month, you will have to check it to find out how long it lasts. If you have no AC and don't use the fan to circulate the air then it will be fine until it has some use in the fall.

Old 05-12-13, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thx for correcting i read it wrong
How do i knw if filter has gone bad? what do i look for in between those three months?

How do i knw if i am using the fan for circulating the air or not? I turned my themostate off and no heating or cooling or air comes out of the vents.

Old 05-12-13, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You check the filter for dirtiness. If no air is coming out of the vents then it is not being used.