Auto-Ignition not sparking; blowing cool air

Old 02-10-01, 01:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Our auto ignition gas furnace is not sparking and our furnace is blowing cool air. I have tried turning the power off for 5 minutes, waiting, and then turning it back on per the instructions. Upon turning the heat back on at our inside thermostat the air begins to turn off and on every 5 or so minutes, blowing cold air. We own an auto ignition Lennox Company gas furnace. Also, there used to be a loud clicking before the heat turned on which is no longer present. Any advise to a cold homeowner?

Old 02-11-01, 06:16 AM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Do you have a spark ignition that lites a pilot lite or a hot surface ignition that lites all the burners at once. Either way it sounds as though your ignition system is not working. Sit and watch and give us a blow by blow symptoms.

Old 02-13-01, 07:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Spark Ignition lighting a pilot light

Our Lennox system is a spark ignition which lights a pilot light. When I reset the system and restart the heat, again it blows cold air only. I have carefully watched the pilot area of our furnace and there is absolutely no activity anywhere where I believe there should be. The system simply turns on and off regularly every few minutes and blows cold air. I don't see any sparking or flames anywhere inside the furnace whatsoever upon turning our thermostat to its hottest temperature; again just cold air. I'm tempted to say there is a problem with BOTH the thermostat and the furnace but what do I know. Both were working fine a few days ago. I appreciate the reply!!

Old 02-14-01, 02:03 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Okay try this

Your transformer is okay or blower wouldn't start.Remove tstat twist red and white together.If you do not hear the clicking noise at furnace your ignition system is at fault.Locate the ignitor(the rod that sends the spark).Make sure that it and the surface it sparks against is clean.If not it is much like a spark plug in your car.It has to be clean and at the right gap to produce the correct spark to get everthing working.There have been threads on this post and come to find out the circuit boards,on the high voltage portion were to blame, i.e.,burnt or loose terminals.Hope Iv'e helped.PDF

Old 02-18-01, 12:52 PM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
sounds to me like the ignition control module is at fault

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: