Want to buy a new furnace!

Old 07-05-13, 09:35 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Want to buy a new furnace!

Hey people, I want to buy a new furnace but i don't really have time for going to the market and searching for the best. Can you people suggest some quality furnaces please? My home area is 2600 sq feet. Suggest a programmable thermostat too.

Old 07-05-13, 09:50 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Trane & Nest. .

Old 07-05-13, 11:30 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Only a few manufacturers but many names. Most furnaces within a class are of comparable quality, the installation is far more important then the brand. Multi stage is easier to "size" to a specific residence than single stage and variable speed blowers are generally more energy efficient as well as quieter. Both options will up the price of the furnace.

You didn't tell us what fuel you will be burning or if you already have ductwork in place. Also, do you need / desire cooling as well as heat?

As far as thermostats go if you get a multi-stage furnace be sure to get a compatible thermostat with an equal (or greater) number of heating stages as the furnace. Stay away from less expensive thermostats. Honeywell makes good equipment but so does Robertshaw and several other manufacturers. I wouldn't have Nest if someone gave it to me. I would suggest a minimum of nine conductor, #18 gauge cable between the thermostat and the furnace.

Old 07-06-13, 12:42 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Quick question, why? Changing fuel type? Want more efficiency? Want more heat?

When want to change your heating system, the place to start is the efficiency, air leakage of the house. Better you make the house, the smaller the furnace.

Bud

Old 07-06-13, 07:35 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
@ goldstar, NO NEST!!!!!!

OP,
size will need to be determined by your contractor through a load calculation
Equipment brand matters much less than proper installation.
Thermostat recommendations depend upon the system installed but I like Honeywell professional thermostats

Old 07-06-13, 09:48 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Kevin,
OP was so vague that I kept it short, if not sweet. Personally I have a Robertshaw that I like a lot.

Woody

Old 07-06-13, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Well...since OP has an IP of Punjab, Pakistan.....not sure how much help we will be....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: