Furnace Constantly Running

Old 07-13-13, 12:06 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace Constantly Running

Hello everyone,

I have a Bryant Plus 90 gas furnace model 350MAV that was installed in 2005. The problem I am having is it is continuously running even when my AC unit shuts off. Just started a couple of days ago. I've been using my central air conditioner and when the central air unit goes off the furnace stays on blowing air. Very bizarre.
Was wondering if anyone here can provide some input on what could be causing this and moreover if I can doe something to fix it myself before calling in the heavy hitters. Thanks

FC

Old 07-13-13, 01:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,413 Votes on 1,307 Posts
I'm assuming you don't have the thermostat in FAN ON mode.

Your blower fan uses a time delay set by the control board for shutting off the fan in the heat mode. I'm not sure if that same time delay is used in cooling mode.

You could open the access panel to the furnace, locate the thermostat wiring and disconnect the green wire to see what happens. If the fan stops with green wire removed...... a thermostat issue would be suggested.

Old 07-13-13, 06:38 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks PJ...I had the thermostat in On mode not auto.....feel like a moron....all is well...appreciate the help mate...FC

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: