Carrier communicating system fault

Old 07-15-13, 08:11 PM
Furnace fan is running full tilt. It never runs like that unless its winter. Should I be concerned and will it hurt the system?

My basement zone was closed and 1st and 2nd floor were open. So it will take longer but it should work out okay.

Carrier is here late Wednesday.

Since I ran duplicate thermostat cable the original zone working hasn't even been touched.

Should the zone board be disconnected from the system. I thought disconnecting the module plug would do it but it getting power from the new connection i ran.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-13, 08:15 PM
Not to be worried as it is temporary... you are in uncharted territory.... I'm just trying to help you get cool

Old 07-15-13, 08:15 PM
In some of the wiring diagrams it shows the y1 bypassing the furnace and connection the ac to the thermostat directly. That looks like it is a low cool setting. That doesn't apply here?

Also, having signatures might be good too to show what equipment we have. Thoughts ?

Old 07-15-13, 08:20 PM
I can't find the exact installation manual for my furnace 58mvp100

At idea what is an equivalent and or the original for the model so I can look at dip switch settings?

Old 07-15-13, 08:20 PM
According to you furnace manual Y1 is connected.

Old 07-15-13, 08:31 PM
Ok. I think I need to take jumper acre off the main. Board.

Old 07-15-13, 08:39 PM
I mean ACRDJ jumper is removed. When y2 is connected.

Old 07-15-13, 08:51 PM
Here are the setup instructions i have been referencing.
http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc.../58cv-11si.pdf

Old 07-15-13, 08:54 PM
Old 07-15-13, 09:01 PM
Furnace hasn't kicked i. To high speed like before. Since I removed the jumper

Old 07-15-13, 09:43 PM
I ended up disconnecting the zone board power that was coming from the ac. Since I had two ss in the look i think it might have been confusing the ac unit. Back to original configuration with jumper back in place and blower at full speed. I suspect full speed is when the temp is greater that 5 degrees from setting?

Old 07-16-13, 05:37 AM
It ran through the night, zone 1&2 open zone 3 basement closed.

I brought temperature on main floor down to 77 from 88 with very high humidity.

I read the Honeywell rth7500 installation manual and there is a setting for two stage heat cool. I just selected that and removed the jumper from the furnace board as mentioned earlier It seems to be working as before but the thermostat can now control the stages of the ac.

I'm unclear what my blower settings should be set at for the furnace

Ac model # is 38tdb037300
Furnace is 58mvp100

Old 07-17-13, 06:38 AM
i never did change the blower settings, but still working and the house finally got to the thermostat temperature of 72.

I think b/c its a zone system there is a smaller AC unit as it should only have to work on different parts of the house at a time.

Anyway, main floor is 72 and it is 35degrees celsius . not sure what that is in F but probably with humidex 110 F today.

Carrier comes later today, so I guess I should hook up the infinity system before they show up.

So the AC board communication error is the issue and I suspect it is a separate part of the AC controller board that is being used on the AC board? The AC is working fine and communicating fine with the same board using the other terminals.

Any chance the main Zone Controller board may be at fault here?

Old 07-17-13, 02:45 PM
Okay tech came today so before he came. I disconnected the 2 stage theremostst and hooked up zone control system. The tech pulled in the driveway just as I completed the install summary. The zne system worked and saw the outside unit and outdoor temp.

While we were in the basement talking about the problems the furnace fan didnt come on. We went out side and got 6 slow flashes from the board. Not sure what that means. The tech disconnected the 2nd ui harness I had attached directly to the ac and then the power and status lights went dead. As well he could smell something from the board.
He took the board off/disconnected it and we saw what looks like a burn out and bad solder joint in board. The chip has a z4 mark beside it.
Any idea if I could still run the ac with the 2 stage thermostat? The tech took all the wires off so I don't know what the wire configuration is exactly but have a picture I can reference.