central a/c

Old 02-15-01, 04:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I'm renting a mobile home and am having a problem with our central a/c unit. I only put the thermostat the highest temp to where the unit kicks on. For some reason the unit keeps freezing up on us,it doesn't cool the home at all. It's getting really aggravating since we live in central florida, and it's realtively warm alot. When we complain to the landlord they insist we're keeping the thermostat way too low.It normally kicks on at about 80 degrees, now if that is too low , I think we're in trouble here. The question is, what could be causing the unit to freeze up like that?

Old 02-15-01, 04:54 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Have you changed the air filter? Have the system checked?

Old 02-15-01, 06:21 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This is really a problem for the landlord to fix, as you don't own the unit so why should you be paying or even have to worry about fixing something that you don't own. I understand or it seems that the landlord is avoiding the issue, and doesn't want to put out money to have it looked at. On the other hand if you try a home repair the landlord may take the opportunity to blame you for the problem. A difficult delima. Several things could cause it, including but limited to the theromstat, or needing an extra charge of refridgerant, an malfunctioning exhaust fan could also cause it. Both of which will cost money and it should not be from your pocket. This is the landlord's problem not yours, the hard part is convincing the landlord to have someone look at it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: