Help with Beckett Burner-Tired of cold showers

Old 08-28-13, 03:45 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with Beckett Burner-Tired of cold showers

Couple months ago wife noticed small amount of fuel oil dripping from Burner housing on furnace, I was busy and it was summer so I didn't get around to look at it. For the pas two weeks the burner has been randomly kicking the reset. I haven't changed the filters yet because our local supply store is only open while at work and I don't think there the problem. I checked the transformer and got a solid 1" spark across the springs. I also cleaned up the electrodes and put in a new nozzle. I shook the nozzle housing and the ball inside seemed to move around. After doing this it seemed to run for a couple days them tripped the reset. I hit the red button and the blower ran but it didn't light. Bled the system, got no air, hit the button and still didn't light. In frustration I banged on the plastic part of the housing with my hand, heard a swoosh sound and it lit. I am thinking it may be the honeywell delayed ignition or the check valve is sticking? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chad

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps9b60b1bd.jpg

Old 08-28-13, 08:23 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Just a guess but the one inch spark could be better,was the motor and fan running?Color blue?That's a flat bar you heard when you shook the assembly.

Old 08-29-13, 03:28 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The motor and fan were running. More orangish flame. What's a flat bar?

Old 08-29-13, 08:59 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Flat bar stock round bar stock what ever.There's a 5 inch long chunk of metal in there. Years back use to carry around a heavy Donegal transf. tester,made a fair seat too.To my surprise some orange spark would test good but don't remember seeing a new transf. that didn't have a blue one.Short sparks always failed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: