Ametek model 116547 - 05 replacement?

Old 09-18-13, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ametek model 116547 - 05 replacement?

My furnace, Olsen Duomatic Ultramax II, will not fire up. I took cover off and blower motor wasn't running, but was very hot. So I assume that is the problem. I don't find anything when I do search for blower motor, Ametek 116547-05.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-13, 11:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
When you refer to blower motor, are you referring to the inducer fan which is in the heating area or to the circulating fan which blows air throughout the house?

Old 09-18-13, 12:02 PM
I am referring to the inducer fan. It is in the lower right corner of the heater when I took the cover panel off.

Thanks.

Old 09-18-13, 06:13 PM
Ametek seems to exist, and their web site says they sell blower motors, so email them and ask what the replacement is.

It there an HVAC supply business near you? Bring it to them I bet they have replacement motors.

"I took cover off and blower motor wasn't running, but was very hot.

Do you know why it burned up? That is not normal even for old motors.

Does the motor have oil ports? Perhaps it needed to be oiled. New motors do not have oil ports so maybe it is good the motor burned up.

Is the blower wheel clean? if the blower wheel is covered with gook it will not push air which means the motor will spin too fast and not be ventilated and then burn up?

But you need to try to figure out why the motor burned out.

Old 10-17-13, 09:50 PM
Same issue - Ametek motor 116547-05

Sorry for being late to this thread. I have this furnace with this same motor and same issue. Mine, the motor was not spinning and was hot, but that does not necessarily mean it's burned out. Mine was stuck, probably from sitting all summer. A couple of tries to restart the motor by cycling the power to the furnace got the motor to break free and it ran okay. And does restart too. I would have just tried to spin it by hand but you cannot get to the motor shaft or impeller when it is installed in the furnace. Was anyone able to find a replacement? I could take it out of the furnace and try to lubricate the bearings/bushings. But I think I would just put in a new one for peace of mind. Did anyone contact Ametek? Or find this motor elsewhere?

Thanks.

Old 10-18-13, 07:41 AM
1) Does the motor have oil ports? A picture of the front and back near the axil might help identify the oil ports. The furnace manual might also mention oiling the motor.

2) If you remove the motor and bring it to an HVAC supplier or a place that specializes in electric motors they should be able to replace it or diagnosis why it is not working.

3) The motor may be hot because it is spinning too fast due to filth building up on the blower wheel. Or because the air intake or exhaust are blocked somehow.