Need help finding where to put Filter in Furnace

Old 09-28-13, 12:43 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help finding where to put Filter in Furnace

My mom recently bought a home and I've been helping her setup. The furnace at the place is about 20 years old and has a ceiling vent. I put a filter up on the vent, but do I need to put a filter somewhere in the furnace itself?

There are no distinguishable areas on the furnace I see for a filter. I didnt open the furnace up yet since I dont want to accidentally break anything. The furnace doesn't have a brand name outside of it and I can't find any manuals either.

I went to some hardware places and they told me the filter in the ceiling vent is enough and it probably doesn't have a filter inside the furance. But just want to make sure. I notice that when I turn on the heater, the temperature display on the control panel says 'filter' besides the temperature reading. What does that mean?

Thanks.

Old 09-28-13, 12:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You may want to take a few pictures and post them here, both of the ceiling panel and the furnace/air handler. Often the filter is at the first instance of exit of air from the rooms, and it may very well be the ceiling.http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: