Please help with this model: G-U 400100 - 16M

Old 10-03-13, 07:40 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help with this model: G-U 400100 - 16M

G-U 400100 - 16M

I think it has a date of 1982 on it. I need to know how many TON it is. It is AC/HEAT unit combined.

I think it is from comfortmaker. I cannot locate any info on this unit.

Is there anyone I can call or does anyone have any info on this?

Efficiency? Ton? Manual?

thanks

Old 10-03-13, 08:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,880 Upvotes on 3,477 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I can't answer your questions directly as I'm not familiar with your unit and can not find it listed in the model lineups.

Your furnace is over 30 years old. If you haven't done so recently.....you should have the heat exchanger cleaned and checked for rust thru. It's very common for older heat exchangers to rust thru and allow burning gases into the airstream that delivers heated air to the house.

In case you don't get any replies maybe the following link will help.
The company has changed names during it's operation.

ICP USA

Last edited by lawrosa; 10-03-13 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Removed company address and phone #'s
Old 10-03-13, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Not sure you can post all that PJ.............

Any and all ads, advertisements, contact information, solicitations, etc. within the forum topics and or within personal signatures is strictly prohibited. Ads, Advertisements, Surveys, Solicitations to market products, services and or requests to buy/sell/market products and/or hire person(s) to perform work, spam and/or chain letters, blogs, contests, pyramid schemes, phone and/or fax numbers, business and/or email addresses, links to personally owned web sites, business and/or company names used as registered member names, in the forum topics, etc, are not allowed in any forum topics nor on this web site anywhere.

Old 10-03-13, 07:26 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
Comfortmaker was acquired by Inter City Products I believe in the late '80s or early '90s. Inter City Products was acquired by Carrier Corporation I think in the late '90s and the name was changed to International Comfort Products. If your unit was manufactured in 1982, that was before any of these acquisitions. It's not likely you'll find much information on your unit, but I believe your best bet is to contact ICP USA by checking the link PJ provided.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: