Gas Valve 36G24Y faulty?

Old 10-20-13, 04:49 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Valve 36G24Y faulty?

I have a York furnace - GY9S080BI2UP11A (8 years) which has a 36g24y gas valve. I shut the furnace to vacuum the blower. I turned the switch on the valve to off. When I turned the furnace on it did not come on (gave a 7 flash on the led), I saw the switch on gas valve off and turned it on. The furnace still did not light up even though this was now on. I turned the furnace off and after some time turned the furnace back on. This time it did fire. Is this normal that if you switch off the valve it does not come on in the same cycle and you have to wait sometime after the turning the furnace off. Or do I have a gas valve which is flaky because I repeated the sequence and it would not turn on had to switch off the furnace wait and then turn it on. Just concerned because it is getting cold to single temperatures at night and do not want an emergency.

Thank you!

Old 10-20-13, 05:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
If you tried to fire up the furnace with the gas valve off it would come up with a trouble code since the gas valve did not open when it was supposed to.

You have since turned the valve back on. If it is working normally now with no codes it should be ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: