York heater not starting - LED flashing 3 times

Old 10-20-13, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York heater not starting - LED flashing 3 times

I have a g8c07516muc12a (york? ) heater that will not start. Igniter shows continuity. Diagnostic LED is flashing 3 times. Which according to
http://johnsonsupply.com/york2001/PU...15241-003A.pdf

shows a problem with pressure switch circuit.

Three flashes -
Pressure switch failed to close - Check vent
blower, pressure switch, vent blockage, disconnected pres-
sure hose.

All appear to be fine - blower is working - no obvious signs of blockage - hose is in place and looks intact - I guess the pressure switch is next?

A previous thread on a similar topic
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/newreply.php?p=945091

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-13, 10:51 AM
Did you clean out both ends of the hose and the port on the vent motor where the hose attaches? You can use a small drill bit or wire to clean these out.

Old 10-20-13, 01:47 PM
No, but I did pull off the hose at the motor and it would pull a vacuum and you could hear the pressure switch actuate

I also talked to an AC guy and he said there might be a defective flame rollout or limit switch off the pressure switch. I did see a single wire coming off the pressure switch other than the two that go to the main board. It goes to a switch on the main housing. I checked continuity on that switch and it is good.

Attached Images   

Last edited by hubywithwetfeet; 10-20-13 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-20-13, 02:08 PM
I also talked to an AC guy and he said there might be a defective flame rollout or limit switch off the pressure switch.
If it was a rollout or limit switch issues you would get a four or five flash code. I would check the port where the hose connects to the vent motor to make sure it is open. You can use your voltmeter to see if the pressure switch contacts are closing.

Old 10-20-13, 02:20 PM
I would check the port where the hose connects to the vent motor to make sure it is open.
Good call. I get no air on the hose with it hooked up to the blower housing. If I hook up the other end to the pressure switch and pull a vacuum on it with my mouth, I get ignition and burner light. I tried to stick a small allen head wrench in the hole but it still would not clear out.

edit

I just tried with a paper clip and got the orifice clear. Draws vacuum again... heat.. tada.. thanks

Now I just have to fix the sheetrock where I misstepped :-(

Last edited by hubywithwetfeet; 10-20-13 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-20-13, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear you are up and running. Pressure switches are usually not the problem but an indicator of a problem somewhere else.